Time-saving lesson plans and helpful resources for preschool teachers
Choose from over 100 engaging preschool lesson plans.
Each set is full of playful activity ideas and supporting printables so you can easily differentiate for all of your students’ needs.
Math, literacy, sensory play, fine motor skills and more for kids ages 3 to 5!
Plus a growing library of supporting materials!
Teaching preschool is an amazingly rewarding career. Working with young children as they grow, learn, and develop is definitely a remarkable journey. It’s not without its pitfalls, though. Being a preschool teacher can be exhausting and time consuming. Many early childhood educators also feel isolated.
But the right support can make all the difference!
The Preschool Teacher 101 membership community is designed specifically for those in the early childhood education field who are looking for help with lesson plans, organization, scheduling, instructional strategies, and more.
We’re here to save you valuable time and provide you with high-quality and engaging teaching materials to help you teach in a fun and hands-on way…and still have time for yourself!
Benefits of Preschool Teacher 101 Membership
Our goals for Preschool Teacher 101 are to:
- Save you time planning for your preschool classroom so you can balance work with the other priorities in your life
- Provide you with well-organized, kid-approved printable lesson plans full of hands-on learning ideas so you don’t have to scour the internet collecting new ideas week after week
- Help you get more out of your day with planning and organizational resources that save you time and help you focus on what matters most
- Help you feel less alone and connect you with other early childhood educators who understand both the joys and challenging of being a preschool teacher
What Does Membership Include?
The Preschool Teacher 101 membership area includes everything in our Preschool Teacher 101 shop and more.
Plus we add new content every month!
Here are some highlights of our most popular resources in the member area:
- Editable, printable lesson plan templates designed for teachers with 5-, 4-, 3-, and 2-day teaching weeks. No matter which weekly schedule you follow, you’ll find a template for you.
Over 100 Sets of Lesson Plans
- Fully developed lesson plans that include detailed lesson plans, engaging printables, and tons of hands-on activity ideas for playful learning. There are currently over 100 lesson plan packs inside the member area on both seasonal and nonseasonal topics. New lesson plans are added regularly, and we regularly update and improve existing lesson plans as well.
Teachers love that our lesson plans combine everything into one comprehensive, well-planned series of activities. There is no need to pull from different math, literacy, and science packs and piece things together. We’ve already mapped out a full plan for each theme and provided all the related directions and printables so all you have to do is print and prep.
And of course, we’ve included activities that align with the most essential pre-k skills. While our resources are not explicitly aligned to one specific early childhood skill list, as educators with experience in preschool, pre-k, kindergarten and first grade we have reviewed a wide array of state and program early childhood skill requirements, and we are confident that these themes cover the skills preschoolers need to excel in kindergarten.
We’ve also made the plans editable so you can modify based on your own personal preferences and student needs.
Watch this short video for a preview of the lesson plan format and some of the activities included in the Car Theme Lesson Plans.
Each season includes a full array of lesson plan options. To get the most current break down of lesson plans available as well as the list of additional resources, click the button below.
Choose from a wide variety of traditional and nontraditional lesson plan themes!
Fall Lesson Plans
There are more than 25 fall lesson plans to choose from.
Winter Lesson Plans
There are more than 15 winter lesson plans to choose from.
Spring Lesson Plans
There are more than 25 spring lesson plans to choose from.
Summer Lesson Plans
There are more than 10 summer lesson plans to choose from.
“I love this creator’s lesson plans. She’s got the easiest most uncomplicated lesson plans by far. The kids love her activities and I love that I don’t have to spend hours researching for books or planning out a lesson plan because it’s already done for me.”
There is also a collection of book-based, nursery rhyme and nonseasonal lesson plan options.
Book-Based Lesson Plans
There are more than 20 book-based and nursery rhyme-inspired lesson plans to choose from.
Nonseasonal Lesson Plan Preview
There are more than 30 nonseasonal lesson plans to choose from.
“These packets have EVERYTHING that a preschool teacher needs. I can alter my activities to make them for all ages and abilities.”
“I’m addicted to these themes. I love all the activities and ideas for my classroom.”
Other Teaching Tools and Resources
In addition to our vast collection of lesson plans all members also have access to all of our other teaching tools and resources, including:
- Song packs with printable song cards and emergent readers to help you incorporate music and movement into circle time activities
- Dramatic play packs to encourage pretend play and oral language development
- Skill-based digital game packs for remote learning or technology activities using Google Classroom or Seesaw
- A year’s worth of editable, printable preschool “homework” calendars. These aren’t anything like traditional homework, don’t worry. Each weekday has a simple activity for the children to do (like “draw a picture of the friends in your class”, “help with the dishes”, “find 5 things that are red”, etc.).
- Monthly Self Portrait Journals to capture students’ drawings and writing throughout the school year. They’re a wonderful addition to student portfolios or memory books.
- Our roll and color math games series full of differentiated math activities for seasonal events and holidays throughout the whole year.
- Writing journal prompts sets for every month of the year! Each set includes over 25 writing prompt options in three formats so you can choose the best version for your students’ needs.
- STEM building challenges encourage creative thinking and problem solving skills while introducing children to popular world structures and architectural designs.
- Our Alphabet Sensory Set is full of process art ideas and collage inspiration for every letter of the alphabet. We’ve also included letter mats to use as you create your own art or as work mats during learning centers.
- Our Preschool Assessment Pack provides you will all the assessments, recording sheets, and progress reports you need to gather data and share information with parents.
- The Centers Guide walks through the process of selecting and setting up classroom centers step by step and helps you choose the management system that works best for your classroom.
- And there’s much more inside the member area!
Click the pink button below to see a the most recent complete list of everything in the member area.
We also offer a variety of tools to help support you along the way and make sure you get the most out of your membership…
- The ongoing private Facebook group is a place where you can post questions, share ideas, and connect with other preschool teachers who are using our curriculum. It’s also a place where we’ll be able to provide you with thorough responses to your teaching questions.
- Monthly member emails include the full details on all new resources each month and popular seasonal plans…so you never miss a thing!
New & Featured: $14 recurring payment every month at the beginning of enrollment period
Quarterly: $72 recurring payment every three months at the beginning of enrollment period
Annual: $228 recurring payment once every year at the beginning of enrollment period
Still not sure which membership level is right for you?
We absolutely recommend becoming an annual member if you are able. Why?
- You get access to everything right away. You do not have to wait for the next season’s lesson plans to open.
- You save money in the long run.
- To put it in perspective, annual members immediately get access to well over $1,000 in ready-to-go resources. By joining as an annual member you are saving almost $750. That’s a 75% savings!
- And that doesn’t even include any new products we add in the coming year, the immeasurable value of ongoing support and trainings available to members, and the exclusive member only content that is added regularly to the member area.
NEW! What if I’m interested but I can’t afford the Quarterly or Annual option right now?
We’ve just added a new membership level, New and Featured.
If you select this membership option, you’ll have access to the new and featured content area each month. This includes:
- New membership content added each month (typically at least three new or updated resources per month)
- Four featured resources from our existing product catalog (voted on monthly by members)
Each month there will be a minimum of at least $30 worth of resources waiting for you in the New & Featured content area, but you’ll only pay $14 per month for access.
If at any point, you’d like access to more resources you may upgrade to our Quarterly or Annual option.
This membership level is great for:
- teachers on a limited budget
- teachers who have been purchasing our resources for years and just want to keep up with new content
- teachers who are new to our resources and want to try a few things before committing to a higher membership level
What do members have to say about The Pack from Preschool Teacher 101?
Here are just a couple of comments from our members!
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is Preschool Teacher 101 membership for?
If you’re teaching preschool already, or are about to begin, you’ll find resources that will help you. In particular, our members are people who are looking for hands-on activities and time-saving lesson plans to use in a preschool setting with children between the ages of 3 and 5. These resources will be applicable to public, private, an in-home preschool classroom teachers and their assistants. Each lesson plan set includes a wide range of activities and can be differentiated to meet the needs of many students.
I homeschool my preschool-aged child. Can I join, too?
While a lot of the content would be helpful to you, there is a lot of information specific to teaching in a preschool classroom setting. You are welcome to join and choose from the resources, or you may visit our sister site Home Preschool 101 to see if those resources will better suit your needs.
Is this a preschool curriculum?
Not exactly. It isn’t one massive kit with a set sequence or schedule, but you can certainly map out a comprehensive preschool curriculum by selecting and implementing the lesson plans packets. We’ve even provided a sample curriculum map. Many of our members use it and follow along the same Preschool Teacher 101 curriculum plan together.
These lesson plans are created with a multi-disciplinary approach that will allow you to teach the most essential preschool skills in a playful manner. As early childhood educators with advanced degrees in education combined with classroom experience, we’ve chosen activities that are age-appropriate and effective for preschoolers.
What topics are covered in the lesson plans?
Right now we have opted to do theme-based and book-based lesson plans.
Theme based lessons include an in depth exploration of a common preschool theme (i.e., seeds, apples).
Book based lessons include a wide variety of learning activities based on a popular children’s picture book.
What does each lesson plan packet include?
Each completed lesson plan packet includes hands-on learning activities that teach kids skills in the areas of reading, math, science, sensory play, fine motor, gross motor and more. Within the packet you’ll find:
- a materials list
- a completed 5-day lesson plan outline (along with blank templates for alternative schedules)
- a recommended book list
- detailed activity descriptions
- independent activity ideas that can be used for centers or work boxes
- related printables
That’s a lot! Will it be too much for me to implement?
We did include a lot in each lesson plan packet. We want there to be enough material no matter your teaching schedule. Some teachers have class every day of the week, while others teach two days a week. Some teachers teach a full day, while others run half-day classes. Our lesson plan packets are designed to meet all of those approaches.
Depending on your teaching schedule, you may choose to spread the lesson plan activities out into two or three weeks. We’ve included editable printable lesson plan templates with each pack so you can easily readjust the activities to best suit your schedule.
How long will each lesson plan take?
That’s really up to you. The plans are designed for one week. As mentioned above, though, you can adjust the activities to best suit your teaching schedule, and the sets to include editable templates for fewer days per week.
How does a membership site work?
In a membership site you will log in to a main site and have access to all of the content we have produced for Preschool Teacher 101. We’ve designed special members-only pages where you’ll easily find the information that is available.
And here’s the really exciting part…whenever we produce a new product that will be sold outside of the membership site, you’ll automatically get access to it as long as you are a Preschool Teacher 101 member.
We hope you’ll visit the site regularly, but we know you’re busy. If you’re worried about remembering to visit the site, we’ve got that covered. We’ll be sending you a regular email to let you know about new additions to the member area and any noteworthy events and discussions taking place.
Can I share my lesson plans and other materials with others?
Will the price change?
While we have no plans to increase the rate at this time, the current rate is a steal, and we’ve been advised multiple times to move to a higher price point. As we grow, and the site includes more content, the price may increase for new members. However, you will keep your same membership rate as long as you are a current Preschool Teacher 101 member, so join now to lock in the existing rate.