The Christmas Cookies Around the World holiday project includes 12 cookie recipes from different cultures to bake or share with kids. Additional activities are provided for in class activities or class parties. It is a fun way to introduce children to:
- World geography
- Holiday traditions
- Popular cookies from various cultures and parts of the world
This project is also designed to encourage togetherness through baking and kindness through sharing with others. We hope you find this project a fun and age-appropriate catalyst for introducing children to different cultures and traditions.
Inside you’ll find:
- Quick Reference List of Cookies and Countries
- Generic Cookie Taste Test Recording Sheet
- Cookie Taste Test Recording Table
- Class Graphing Header and Voting Cards
- Taste Test Journal
- Cookbook with Kid-Friendly Recipes and Few Ingredients-Also includes editable cookie recipe page to add personal or family submitted recipes and represent additional countries
- 3 Easy-Fold Passport Options for Christmas Around the World Events
- Gift Tags and Notecards-Add authentic writing opportunities with small and large gift tag options. Share with family and friends.
- My Family’s Favorite Cookie Recipe (two versions)-Invite families to share about their own popular cookie recipes
- Editable Parent Letter (two versions)-Inform parents of the holiday project. Invite parents to help and/or donate materials if desired.
- Ingredient List by Cookie-Share the list of ingredients by cookie for any children with dietary or allergy restrictions
Additional Support for this Class Project
Over on Fantastic Fun and Learning we also have supplemental resources that go along with this project. There are things like video suggestions, additional book recommendations for each country, fun facts and more that you can add into the project if you’d like. Visit the Christmas Cookies Around the World Series page for more details about that series.
SAVE MORE WITH MEMBERSHIP!
Become a Preschool Teacher 101 member and get access to existing AND new products including regularly published printable lesson plans at a low monthly rate. Your students will love the engaging hands-on learning ideas, and you will save time and money!