Arctic Theme Preschool Classroom Lesson Plans
Explore the Arctic and learn about Arctic animals with your preschoolers in this engaging lesson plan set with ideas for reading, math, science & more.
Get More for Your Money:
All Preschool Teacher 101 Lesson Plans Include:
- Recommended Book List
- 1-Page Weekly Lesson Plan Grid with Activity Ideas for Whole Group, Literacy, Math, and Science each day
- Alternate Editable Weekly Grids for 4-day, 3-day, and 2-day programs
- 5 Daily Lesson Plan Sheets with Activity Directions and Materials List
- 2-Page Center Descriptions
- Related Printables
- Skills Checklist
This 187-page Arctic Theme lesson plan set also includes:
1) Arctic Animal Sort-Animals that Live on Land versus Animals that Live in Water (in color & b/w)
2) Arctic Animal Puzzles (in color and b/w)
3) The Arctic Emergent Reader (3 versions)
4) Arctic Letter Puzzles (in color and b/w)
5) Arctic Number Cards 0-35 (in color and b/w)
6) Arctic Roll and Graph Game (in color and b/w)
7) Arctic Animal Picture and Word Cards (in color and b/w)
8) Hungry Polar Bear Math Game (in color and b/w)
9) Feed the Beluga Counting Game (in color and b/w)
10) Arctic Hare Shape Hop Board Game (in color and b/w)
11) Spin and Fill Math 10 Frame Activity (in color and b/w)
12) Snowy Owl Uppercase and Lowercase ABC Matching Activity (in color and b/w)
13) Real Photos
14) Additional Activities
This was so great to have with my year long animal studies in preschool. Resource is age appropriate and worthwhile for early childhood settings.
Deborah M. via TpT
Living in Alabama, we don’t see much snow or extremely cold weather. With this lesson plan, we are able to do a lot of snow and ice activities and learn about how animals can live in that type of environment. By the time we are done, the kids are wishing they got more snow and ice to play in like the animals we learn about. Thank you for the lesson plans that go along with the unit as well!
Becky H. via TpT
WE LOVED THIS RESOURCE!!! It was so cute and so much fun for my student. Penguins are my personal favorite animal, so this is always one of my favorite units to teach!!
Danitra C. via TpT Customer
Many of our resources address a wide range of topics. This way we can help you cover many skills in an efficient way that is still fun and engaging for children. In this section we’ve listed the key skills, not necessarily all of them.
The skills taught in this product include:
Lesson Plans FAQ
- Do you offer your blank editable lesson plan template for sale?
We don’t have it listed for sale, but we do have a free download in our blog post about how we approach weekly lesson planning.
Inside The Pack membership we have an editable template library that includes the lesson plan template, class list files, annual planning templates and more.
- How many days does a lesson plan pack cover?
The lesson plans are set up as a 5-day lesson plan for full day classrooms.
There are five suggestions for each of the whole group and small group lesson plan areas and at least two suggestions for each type of center.
However the exact number of days may vary based on your daily schedule and regular routines.
- How do I make changes in the editable resources?
Please note that it’s very important to download the resources to your computer.
Then be sure to open the document in the most up-to-date version of Adobe Reader. Editing isn’t consistent when using other programs, and the editable document might not work correctly if you open it in the web browser or another program.
To edit resources like our monthly activity calendars, begin by deleting the original text you want to replace.
You can do this by putting your cursor in the gray/blue editable box, highlighting the text and typing in your replacement text.
Or you can put the cursor at the end of the text and hit “backspace” to delete the original text. Then type in your preferred replacement text.
- Why are my purchases printing with little black boxes on the images?
Oh no! Nobody wants to waste ink or paper.
Luckily there is a quick fix for this.
Typically the black boxes mean it’s time to update your version of Adobe Reader. You can do that for free here: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
Once you’re sure you have the current version of Adobe Reader be sure you are opening the file in Adobe Reader instead of your web browser or a web preview.
Print the file from your computer, rather than a phone or a tablet.
If you are still having trouble, try these additional trouble shooting tips:
- When you go to print, choose “Advanced” in the box that pops up.
- Then click “Print as Image” near the top.
If you’re printing from a Mac, and the above suggestions don’t work, try this:
- Find the file.
- Click and hold.
- Press Control.
- Choose Open With Adobe.
- What if it says I need a password to open or print the PDF files I purchased?
There is no password needed.
If you are getting prompted to add a password or unable to print/edit, there are typically two troubleshooting steps that will fix the conflict.
1) Update your version of Adobe Reader. They make updates regularly. These updates sometimes trigger the password prompt even though one is not required. You can update your version for free here: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
2) Also be sure you are opening the file in Adobe instead of your default web browser.
- Where do I download my purchases?
If you purchased an item here from the Preschool Teacher 101 shop, there are two ways to access your files.
We email a copy of your order to the email you used during your purchase. You may use the link in the Download column of that confirmation email to access your files. (Be sure to check spam if you do not see your email in your main inbox.)
You can also always access your files here on our website by logging in and going to to www.preschoolteacher101.com/my-account
From there select “Downloads.” The links to download the file will be under the column Download.
If you bought on TpT, go to the “My Purchases” section on TPT or to the original product listing on TpT to download the file.
- Where did my download go?
So you clicked the link on your website or in your confirmation email, and now you have no idea where to find the download? No worries!
If you’ve clicked that link already while on your computer, you may have the file without realizing it.
If you are on the computer and clicking the download link the file is saved to your computer’s Downloads folder (unless you right click and save it to a different location).
Go ahead and double check your Downloads folder to see if the file is already there.
If you still don’t see it, then it’s possible the automatic download was blocked for some reason.
Still no worries! Instead go ahead and right click on the download link and select “Save link as…”. This will open a box to let you save the file anywhere you’d like.
- Will anything be mailed to me?
No, all of our resources are instant one-click digital downloads. You will need Adobe Reader (available for free) to download in order to open most of the resources.
Have a question?
If you have a question or need help with anything, you can reach us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or using the question button below.
We’re also Facebook at Preschool Teacher 101 if you want to join in the conversation over there.
Popular Resources in This Collection
Save Up to 80% Off as a Member
Become a member of The Pack from Preschool Teacher 101 and get access to existing AND new products including our kid-tested, teacher-approved printable lesson plans at a deeply discounted rate. Your students will love the engaging hands-on learning ideas, and you will save time and money! It’s a win for everyone!
We’re Here to Help
Hi! We’re Shaunna and Mary Catherine, and we’re here to provide you with the resources you need to make teaching easier than ever. Teaching is incredibly rewarding, but it is also very time consuming. By pulling from lessons we’ve learned from decades of early childhood experience in the classroom and at home, we’ll help you save time preparing teach so you can focus on having fun with your students as you meet their individual needs with ease.
You Qualify for Rewards!
What’s better than awesome new resources to use in your classroom? New resources AND credit to help you save even more on the items on your wish list. Earn points for purchases, reviews and more!