Snowman Theme Preschool Classroom Lesson Plans
Use snowmen as inspiration for learning and play with this comprehensive 376-page preschool snowman theme lesson plan set full of hands-on math, reading, and science activities.
Get More for Your Money:
Watch a handful of the activities in action…
- Recommended Book List
- 1-Page Weekly Lesson Plan Grid with Activity Ideas for Whole Group, Literacy, Math, and Science each day
- Alternate Editable Weekly Grids for 4-day, 3-day, and 2-day programs
- 5 Daily Lesson Plan Sheets with Activity Directions and Materials List
- 2-Page Center Descriptions
- Related Printables
- Skills Checklist
This 376-page snowman theme lesson plan set also includes:
1) 10 Little Snowmen Song and Song Pieces (in color and b/w)
2) Snowman Alphabet with all uppercase and lowercase letters (in color and b/w)
3) 1-20 Snowman Button Math to practice one-to-one correspondence (in color and b/w)
4) Editable Name Snowmen Name Building Craft
5) My Snowman Emergent Reader, 3 versions (in color and b/w)
6) Name Snowmen Graphing to practice counting letters in our names (in color and b/w)
7) Snowman Letter Matching with Uppercase Letters, Lowercase Letters, and Beginning Sound Pictures (in color and b/w)
8) Measure the Snowmen Nonstandard Measurement Activity and Recording Sheet (in color and b/w)
9) Number (1-10) Snowmen in words and numbers (in color and b/w)
10) Snowman Patterns (in color and b/w)
11) Roll and Build Snowman Game
12) Roll and Cover Snowman Math Game Boards focusing on counting sets and number recognition for numbers 1 to 12 (in color and b/w)
13) Science Journal with cover and six snowman inspired science activities (in color and b/w)
14) Melting Snowman Science Activity (in color and b/w)
15) How to Build a Snowman Sequencing (in color and b/w)
16) Shape Snowmen Play Dough and Loose Parts Play Mats with 7 shape options (in color and b/w)
17) Snowman Syllables Small Group Phonological Awareness Activity (in color and b/w)
18) Starts Like Snowman Picture Sort, focusing on /s/ sound (in color and b/w)
19) Vocabulary Cards (in color and b/w)
20) Snowman Numbers 0-35 (in color and b/w)
21) Real Photos
22) Additional Activity Directions
What others are saying about this set:
“Very detailed lesson plan. I love how many extra resources it gives to you! “
“PLAYFUL and purposeful!”
“This has so many great ideas and was so helpful for my snow/ snowman theme last week!
Many of our resources address a wide range of topics. This way we can help you cover many skills in an efficient way that is still fun and engaging for children. In this section we’ve listed the key skills, not necessarily all of them.
The skills taught in this product include:
Lesson Plans FAQ
We don’t have it listed for sale, but we do have a free download in our blog post about how we approach weekly lesson planning.
Inside The Pack membership we have an editable template library that includes the lesson plan template, class list files, annual planning templates and more.
The lesson plans are set up as a 5-day lesson plan for full day classrooms.
There are five suggestions for each of the whole group and small group lesson plan areas and at least two suggestions for each type of center.
However the exact number of days may vary based on your daily schedule and regular routines.
Please note that it’s very important to download the resources to your computer.
Then be sure to open the document in the most up-to-date version of Adobe Reader. Editing isn’t consistent when using other programs, and the editable document might not work correctly if you open it in the web browser or another program.
To edit resources like our monthly activity calendars, begin by deleting the original text you want to replace.
You can do this by putting your cursor in the gray/blue editable box, highlighting the text and typing in your replacement text.
Or you can put the cursor at the end of the text and hit “backspace” to delete the original text. Then type in your preferred replacement text.
Oh no! Nobody wants to waste ink or paper.
Luckily there is a quick fix for this.
Typically the black boxes mean it’s time to update your version of Adobe Reader. You can do that for free here: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
Once you’re sure you have the current version of Adobe Reader be sure you are opening the file in Adobe Reader instead of your web browser or a web preview.
Print the file from your computer, rather than a phone or a tablet.
If you are still having trouble, try these additional trouble shooting tips:
- When you go to print, choose “Advanced” in the box that pops up.
- Then click “Print as Image” near the top.
If you’re printing from a Mac, and the above suggestions don’t work, try this:
- Find the file.
- Click and hold.
- Press Control.
- Choose Open With Adobe.
There is no password needed.
If you are getting prompted to add a password or unable to print/edit, there are typically two troubleshooting steps that will fix the conflict.
1) Update your version of Adobe Reader. They make updates regularly. These updates sometimes trigger the password prompt even though one is not required. You can update your version for free here: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
2) Also be sure you are opening the file in Adobe instead of your default web browser.
If you purchased an item here from the Preschool Teacher 101 shop, there are two ways to access your files.
We email a copy of your order to the email you used during your purchase. You may use the link in the Download column of that confirmation email to access your files. (Be sure to check spam if you do not see your email in your main inbox.)
You can also always access your files here on our website by logging in and going to to www.preschoolteacher101.com/my-account
From there select “Downloads.” The links to download the file will be under the column Download.
If you bought on TpT, go to the “My Purchases” section on TPT or to the original product listing on TpT to download the file.
So you clicked the link on your website or in your confirmation email, and now you have no idea where to find the download? No worries!
If you’ve clicked that link already while on your computer, you may have the file without realizing it.
If you are on the computer and clicking the download link the file is saved to your computer’s Downloads folder (unless you right click and save it to a different location).
Go ahead and double check your Downloads folder to see if the file is already there.
If you still don’t see it, then it’s possible the automatic download was blocked for some reason.
Still no worries! Instead go ahead and right click on the download link and select “Save link as…”. This will open a box to let you save the file anywhere you’d like.
No, all of our resources are instant one-click digital downloads. You will need Adobe Reader (available for free) to download in order to open most of the resources.
Have a question?
If you have a question or need help with anything, you can reach us via email at email@example.com or using the question button below.
We’re also Facebook at Preschool Teacher 101 if you want to join in the conversation over there.
Popular Resources in This Collection
Save Up to 80% Off as a Member
Become a member of The Pack from Preschool Teacher 101 and get access to existing AND new products including our kid-tested, teacher-approved printable lesson plans at a deeply discounted rate. Your students will love the engaging hands-on learning ideas, and you will save time and money! It’s a win for everyone!
We’re Here to Help
Hi! We’re Shaunna and Mary Catherine, and we’re here to provide you with the resources you need to make teaching easier than ever. Teaching is incredibly rewarding, but it is also very time consuming. By pulling from lessons we’ve learned from decades of early childhood experience in the classroom and at home, we’ll help you save time preparing teach so you can focus on having fun with your students as you meet their individual needs with ease.
You Qualify for Rewards!
What’s better than awesome new resources to use in your classroom? New resources AND credit to help you save even more on the items on your wish list. Earn points for purchases, reviews and more!